Thu 11 October 2018
17:00 – 19:30 BST
Liverpool John Moore University, Adaptive Learning Zone, James Parson Building, Byrom Street, L3 3AF
Formula Student is Europe’s most established educational engineering competition. Backed by industry and high profile engineers the competition aims to develop enterprising and innovative young engineers and encourage more young people to take up a career in engineering. Teams are tasked to produce a single-seater open-wheeled race car. At competition, teams will undergo numerous static and dynamic events providing the ideal opportunity for the students to showcase their car among some of the worlds future elite engineers.
For further information about the LJMU e-Racing Team check out their website www.ljmueracingteam.com
LCR4.0 are working collaboratively with the e-Racing Team to deliver this event to give businesses the opportunity to learn more about the multi-discplinary industry ready graduates who through their involvement in Forumla Student can bring a range of additional, invaluable skills to your business. We are looking to identify and link industry challenges with academic solutions, that can be tested and validated using the formula student car. As well providing marketing opportunities for your business through range of sponsorship opportunites.
Come along to learn about…….
- Challenges faced the LJMU e-Racing Team
- Academic solutions to industry challenges
- Opportunities for collaboration
If you would like to join the Industry Lab Tour which will include an insight into the first class facilities in the Vehicle Engineering Laboratory, the opportunity to try the racing car simulator and see the team in action please select Tour Ticket when registering for the event.
- 5pm – 6pm Registration, refreshment and networking
- 5.15pm Industry Lab Tours – e-Racing Team Student
- 6pm Introduction
- 6.10pm Formula Student Project – Aziz Makkan, Team Manager
- 6.30pm Employer Perpsectives – John Eldridge, Cammell Laird
- 6.40pm Alumni Perspective
- 6.50pm LCR4.0 Project – Anthony Walker, Strategic Manager – LCR4.0
- 7pm Networking
- 7.30pm Close