It’s approaching that exciting and special time of year when wrapping and packaging are at the forefront of people’s minds and we have a very special opportunity for you!
Unilever have invested in a state of the art Advanced Manufacturing Centre at their Port Sunlight base on the Wirral. The centre houses a pilot plant for the testing of new product and packaging developments and the consumer giant is now appealing to the sensor community for novel approaches to optimise their use of the facility.
We are calling for interested companies, entrepreneurs and academics to participate in a two day Hack and Pitch event facilitated by Innovate UK, to propose potential solutions to three key challenges raised by Unilever.
The event will run over two days and participants will hear from members of the Unilever Personal Care team about the following challenges, before spending time creating a solution pitch to be delivered to a Unilever panel on the second day.
THE THREE CHALLENGES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Measuring packaging resilience throughout the supply chain
- Development of robust in-line measurement techniques to track microstructure evolution during processing of personal care liquids (shampoo, bodywash, conditioners)
- Packaging life-cycle tracking and instant re-order
Companies, entrepreneurs and academics with technologies that can help to address the challenges raised. Help will be provided to match with additional solution providers if only part of the challenge can be met – so don’t be put off applying!
- Monday 27th November: Deadline for applicants to register via Eventbrite and return completed CDAs to be sent to email@example.com
- Monday 4th December (09.00- 17.00): Join the Unilever team and Sensor City at the Advanced Manufacturing Centre to learn about the packaging challenges, see the Centre and start work on your pitches. Lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Tuesday 5th December (09.00 – 17.00): Finalisation of pitches, lunch and pitch to an expert panel.
Successful participants will be invited to follow up meetings with Unilever to discuss the potential for collaborative development and testing of proposed solutions and all participants will have the opportunity for follow up with members of the Knowledge Transfer Network.
For more information and to register, please click here!