Date: 19th July 2019
Location: Pilkington UK, Greengate works, Sherdley Road, St. Helens, Merseyside. WA9 5DZ
Time: 8:00am – 1:00pm
Theme: Operational efficiency
Lean concepts are powerful tools for increasing productivity and enabling your business to reach its growth and profit potential. However, the challenge is to adapt these powerful techniques so they are relevant to the challenges of a small and medium sized enterprise.
Tim McLean is a world leader in the successful implementation of Lean in small and medium sized enterprises and the author of one of the most popular books on the subject – “Grow Your Factory, Grow Your Profits”. Tim’s company TXM has worked with hundreds of SMEs in 16 countries including over 50 companies in the UK.
Delegates will learn:
- Why achieving profitable growth is such a challenge for small and medium sized businesses.
- Core Lean principles that will help you see opportunity in your businesses
- Why a “big company solution” like Lean works so effectively in smaller businesses
- The steps to successful Lean implementation in small and medium business
- How to unlock your business’ growth potential
Why should I attend?
Participants will discuss how the issues above are relevant to their own businesses and develop a simple “One Page Plan” to address key issues. The workshop also features the airplane game, which is a great way for SMEs to understand key Lean concepts.
It enables you to get practical hands on experience of how Lean can transform business performance.
Who should attend?
- This event is aimed at business owners and senior leaders
*Please note that the workshop is exclusively for SME Manufacturing businesses. Non manufacturers will not be permitted to attend.
The Local Growth Hub workshops are part-funded by European Regional Development Funds.
The Local Growth Hub workshops are delivered free of charge to participants; however, as they are fully-funded, they are classed as state aid to participating businesses and are subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria.
- Location: North West manufacturing clients
- SME: Small or medium enterprise i.e. less than 250 (Full Time Equivalent) employees and annual turnover less than 50 Million Euro OR Balance Sheet less than 43 million Euro
- Sector Restrictions may also apply
08:00 Registration, Networking and breakfast
08:30 Welcome and Introduction to the Manufacturing Growth Fund
08:45 Business Introductions
09:00 Understanding the need for Lean in a Small and Medium sized enterprise
10:00 Introduction to Lean Concepts
11:00 Understanding Lean with a Lean Simulation
12:00 Develop the Lean Action Plan and 1-2-1 Clinic
12:30 Factory Tour
13:00 Event Close