When: Tuesday 14th November 2017
Where: Liverpool Town Hall
In association with EEF, the German British Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Liverpool LEP and LCR 4.0, the 2017 German British Forum conference, “Digitalisation and The Future of Work”, will be held on 14th November 2017 at the Liverpool Town Hall, 08:00 – 17:30.
The conference will debate the challenges for recruitment and training for businesses in the age of digitalisation and automation, and gives attendees the opportunity to directly input into reports.
How will jobs change in the future and how can we communicate this to the education sector? The conference focuses on manufacturing, engineering and logistics. Keynote speeches and panel discussions will exchange understanding of the future employment needs of industrial companies.
Are you prepared?
The GBF conference will debate the challenges this brings to businesses for recruitment and training.
WHAT are the aims of the UK’s Industrial Digitalisation Strategy?
WHAT has been done to improve manufacturing processes?
WHAT is the future of moving product – Logistik 4.0 and “Smart Ports”?
HOW will transformation from a traditional industry to a digital/IT company be managed?
HOW is this affecting modern training and college courses?
HOW will jobs change and how can we communicate this to the education sector?
The conference focuses on manufacturing, engineering and logistics.
Keynote speeches and panel discussions will exchange understanding of the future employment needs of industrial companies.
Who should attend?
• Human resources professionals
• Automation companies
• Companies interested in doing business in Germany
• People studying how automation and digitisation will affect employment
• Manufacturing and logistics companies interested in digitalisation and training
- Dr Peter Ammon, German Ambassador to the United Kingdom
- Chuka Umunna, MP for Streatham, Chair of Vote Leave Watch, Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Social Integration
- Juergen Maier, CEO of Siemens UK
- Dieter Geuss, Director of the BMW Hams Hall engine plant
- Carl Arntzen, CEO of BOSCH Thermotechnology Ltd
- Gary Hodgson, Strategic Projects Director, Peel Ports Group which operates Liverpool2, the new deep water port that handles the new “SuezMax” class container ships
- Dr Frank-Stephan Hardt, chief financial officer of T-Systems Ltd
- Terry Scuoler, CEO of manufacturers’ organisation EEF
- Burkhard Sommer, director of PwC Maritime Competence Centre in Hamburg
- Kieran Ring, CEO of the Global Institute of Logistics
- Prof. Alan McKinnon, Professor of Logistics in the Kühne Logistics University in Hamburg
- David Swann, Technical Director of Universal Wolf, makers of robotic systems for online retail
- Plus panellists from Airbus, DHL, University of Liverpool and more
As well as representatives from SuperPort, T-Systems, The Peel Group, Port of Hamburg and more.
The German British Forum was established in 1995 to reinforce pivotal political and business relationships to promote education and social exchange between Germany and Britain. It brings together practical and independent individuals whose aim is to enhance cooperation between the two countries at all levels.
The GBF Annual Conference has hosted events for high-ranking business people and politicians in the two countries for 20 years. Speakers have included Valéry Giscard d’Estaing, Helmut Schmidt, Gerhard Schröder, George Soros, Alistair Darling and Kenneth Clarke.
For more information and to register, please click here!