Dates: Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd March 2018
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm (on both dates)
Where: Virtual Engineering Centre, Sci-Tech Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD
*Registration is subject to eligibility
Join the Virtual Engineering Centre for a 2 day hands on workshop looking at how AR can be best utlisied within the manufacturing industry and what the key benefits of adoption are!
Not to be confused with virtual reality, augmented reality is, by Oxford Dictionary definition, “an enhanced image or environment as viewed on a screen or other display, produced by overlaying computer-generated images, sounds, or other data on a real-world environment.”
Perhaps best known as smartphone apps such as Pokémon Go or even social media apps like Snapchat, augmented reality is becoming an increasingly popular feature in our daily lives. So much so that UK manufacturers are now starting to implement augmented reality across a range of everyday applications, including maintenance, auditing and even diagnostics.
- Welcome to VEC and introduction to LCR 4.0
- What is Augmented Reality (AR) and how is it being used in Manufacturing?
- What’s needed to create an AR application (hardware and software)
- How to use 3D models
- Learn how to overlay digital data onto real objects
- Animation of objects in AR
- Learn how to use live data in an AR application
- How to deploy an AR application to different devices
- Explore our demo session with a virtual factory and real world uses cases!
To register for free please contact:
Andrew Borland, VEC Commercialisation Manager