15 May Construction in the Digital Age
What does the fourth industrial revolution have to do with the construction sector?
Industry 4.0 technologies such as sensors, virtual reality and simulation are transforming modern manufacturing. But they are also enabling the construction sector to achieve greater productivity and embrace new ways of working.
Insider has teamed up with Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) and its LCR4.0 initiative to find out how an analogue industry like construction is being transformed using digital innovations during a Round Table event.
Topics to be explored:
- The challenges of adopting industry 4.0 practices
- Ideas on creating a more efficient supply chain
- Influencing degree apprenticeships and how can the university address the upskilling needs of the sector
- The opportunities for collaboration across the city region
- The trailblazers paving the way and what can we learn from them